Founder and Principal
With a background on the agency side, and experience leading the marketing function at an Internet company, Ellen combined her in-house experience with a client service approach to found Seebold Marketing Communications in 2001, and has grown it into a thriving and respected consultancy.
An early adopter of social media, Ellen has become an evangelist and coach to many companies, organizations and executives in how to effectively use social communities and social performance marketing to power their brands, increase influence and drive sales. Her enthusiasm for connecting people with ideas, brands and each other, backed by years of experience as a marketer, contributes to her success in helping clients leverage social business.
Ellen also has a passion for ‘live experience’ marketing and has led or co-managed many successful conferences, summits, forums and events:
- Founded and directed the long-running CEO Summit: Leading a Global Enterprise (10 years )
- Webtrends’ Engage2011, a premier social and mobile marketing/trends conference in San Francisco
- The CMO Club’s CMO Thought Leadership Summit, in San Francisco
- The launch of Techonomy – its inaugural conference exploring connection between technology and progress in business and in society.
- The record-breaking World’s Biggest BBQ and TeacherPalooza, a new market entry event for the former WAMU, in Chicago
- The Wall Street Journal Europe’s Millenium Forum in Insead, France
Ellen and Seebold Marketing also work in collaboration with a number of partners on projects as appropriate.